Tuesday 16 February 2010

TTB #1: "Lady" Lydia at Home Living

We'll start with my favorite.


"Lady" Lydia at Home Living is probably the very person who started my obsession with hyperxtian blogs. When I first encountered her years ago at Ladies Against Feminism, I thought surely she was a joke. For starters, she believes all women should stay at home, never work, always wear skirts, and apparently should make very glittery (or pink) crafts out of typing paper.

Most of her posts at Home Living recently seem dedicated to doggerel and how much she enjoys cleaning, but a trip through the archives is a beautiful journey indeed. There you will learn how sinful it is for older women to cut their hair short or to wear soft-soled shoes, as well as how even women whose families desperately need a second income can live warm and beautiful lives with Mom at home, if only she'll work hard enough to make her low-earning husband's dollar stree-ee-ee-ee-tch right out.

Lydia has attracted many disdainful followers, including a blog that has been set up specifically to point out her various hypocrisies, in a kind of scary and obsessive way. I don't approve of that blog or its methods; I'd much prefer people to attempt to engage Lydia in a calm and rational way via her comments box. If you try that, though, be forewarned that she is unlikely to unscreen or reply to any comments you make. That's still no reason not to make them, so . . . Troll This Blog!

3 comments:

  1. wow. i think you really need to get a life. a website for trolling???

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you disagree with any blog, you are not obliged to read it. But as a tolerant person (I'm sure you must be), you can be respectful that other opinions besides yours exist. Christian feminism existed long before what is termed "feminism" today, so rant and troll if you will, but why not write on your own feminist blog dedicated to the modern feminist model and leave Lady Lydia alone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You aren't that smart, are you. A family member is usually staying in the guest room. It is not "spare" at all. It is for them to come back and stay when they like, and it is rarely empty for more than a few days. Still, glad you are reading and listening to me, me, me ---it makes me more famous.

    ReplyDelete

I will probably only delete comments that are spam, but I do ask that you play nice (here and anywhere else).